Colton Ballet School COVID-19 Policies
During the COVID-19 outbreak the school will be doing everything possible to ensure the safety of our students and staff. Ultra-violet scrubbers have been installed on each HVAC system within the school. All barres, door handles, water fountain, bathroom fixtures and other surfaces will be disinfected every day.
Students and parents must observe the following protocols or the student will not be allowed to participate:
Updated Covid-19 Policy as of 5/26/2021
In keeping with current CDC recommendations, any student who has been fully vaccinated for Covid and is past the two week waiting period may participate in class without a mask. Vaccination cards must be presented to the office. All others must still wear a mask to class. If you prefer to wear your own mask, it should be at least 2 layers, designed for dance, fit properly with no gaps on the sides, top or bottom, and be clean for each class. Studio masks will still be available for anyone who prefers to use them.
- Parents please notify the office immediately if your child or anyone in your family or friend group has Covid symptoms or has been exposed to someone with a positive test or symptoms. If you are unsure of test results, please keep your child at home until you are absolutely sure.
- No parents or siblings will be admitted to the studio during class time.
- Parents of small children ages (Summer Camps, Creative Movement through Grade II) must park and walk your child to the door at the beginning of class time. You must also pick up your child at the door at the end of class. DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE DOOR!! Please respect social distancing even while outside in the parking lot or at the front door.
- Please do not allow your child to come to class if they have a fever, cough or runny nose.
- All students must be dressed for class including hair completely done. Street shoes must be left at the door. (Exception: during the Fall course, older students coming from school may change at the School. Please bring your own hand sanitizer with you for your own use.)
- To reduce bathroom use, parents please be sure your child has gone to the bathroom before you arrive.
- Parents and family members are not allowed to wait inside the building during class time.
- As much as possible, we want to use social distancing in class. Upon entering the building, young students will be given a place to sit which will be their space from that day on. Spaces at the barre will be as far apart as possible and each student will use the same place at the barre for every class.
In an effort to cut down on congestion at the front door, we require that you pre-register before classes begin. Instructions for registering are listed on the Tuition & Enrollment page.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as together we meet the challenges of these times.