Colton Ballet School COVID-19 Policies
During the COVID-19 outbreak the school will be doing everything possible to ensure the safety of our students and staff. Ultra-violet scrubbers have been installed on each HVAC system within the school. All barres, door handles, water fountain, bathroom fixtures and other surfaces will be disinfected every day.
Students and parents must observe the following protocols or the student will not be allowed to participate:
New Mask Policy, 5/29/2020
Due to changing public health guidelines regarding Covid-19 and for the safety of all students and staff, we are adjusting our student requirements. Each student will be required to wear a mask during class. The mask will be provided by the School and will be cleaned and returned at the beginning of each class. The masks are designed for dancers and are made of two layers of a fully breathable stretchy material.
- Parents of small children ages 3–9 (Summer Camps, Creative Movement through Grade II) must park and walk your child to the door at the beginning of class time. You must also pick up your child at the door at the end of class. DO NOT PARK IN FRONT OF THE DOOR!! Please respect social distancing even while outside in the parking lot or at the front door.
- Please do not allow your child to come to class if they have a fever, cough or runny nose.
- All students must be dressed for class including hair completely done. Street shoes must be left at the door. (Exception: during the Fall course, older students coming from school may change at the School. Please bring your own hand sanitizer with you for your own use.)
- To reduce bathroom use, parents please be sure your child has gone to the bathroom before you arrive.
- All students will have their temperature taken each day when they come. Please come in through the front door of the main building. Please observe social distancing while you wait. Temps will be taken at the door and shoes left at the door. Practice bags will go to an assigned space below where you stand at the barre.
- Parents and family members are not allowed to wait inside the building during class time.
- As much as possible, we want to use social distancing in class. Upon entering the building, young students will be given a place to sit which will be their space from that day on. Spaces at the barre will be as far apart as possible and each student will use the same place at the barre for every class.
For students taking the Therapeutic Ball class:
- You must provide your own ball and yoga mat with your name on each. You will bring these things to and from class each day. You may not leave them at the studio!
- You will be given your own thera-band at the time of the first class. You must put your name on it and bring it to and from class each day.
- Weights will be provided for you. They will remain at the studio and will be sanitized after each use.
In an effort to cut down on morning congestion, we require that you pre-register and pre-pay before classes begin. Instructions for pre-registering are on the Nutcracker & Sleeping Beauty Camps, Summer Workshops, and Fall Tuition & Enrollment pages.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as together we meet the challenges of these times.